Registration Instructions for School of Art Courses
See the Pre-Registration instructions for MART 122, ARTZ, & GDSN courses.
For all other classes, register via CatCourse.
- ...I have university-level coursework through dual enrollment?
- Enroll yourself in the next course in the sequence.
- ...I have university-level coursework by virtue of an AP exam?
- Enroll yourself in the next course. If you have not yet received, or your AP records have not been processed by MSU, your advisor will have to register you.
- ...I have not taken any language in the past?
- Enroll yourself.
- For Spanish, email Brenda at firstname.lastname@example.org with the section you would like, and she will enroll you.
- ...I took language in high school?
- Take the webcape here: http://bit.ly/2vartoJ
- For Spanish, email Galen Brokaw at email@example.com with your webcape score, phone number, and days and times you are available for the oral portion of the placement exam.
- For all other languages contact Brenda (firstname.lastname@example.org) for placement and registration.
All paperwork for registration of the following classes is processed electronically through DocuSign.
ARTZ 399* – Pre-Thesis for BFA Studio Arts
ARTZ 499R* – Thesis for BFA Studio Arts
ARTH 499R – Thesis for Art History
ARTH 492 – Individual Problems for Art History Majors and Minors
GDSN 498 * – Internship
GDSN 492* – Guided Research
*Junior standing, completion of a portfolio review.
- Go to Registration Contracts - https://art.montana.edu/registrationcontracts.html) to start the process.
CatCourse is Montana State University's registration software. It is designed to ensure students get the classes they need with their preferred schedule. A student identifies the courses they wish to take and CatCourse provides all possible schedules OR identifies where conflicts occur that prevent all classes being taken in the same semester.
- CatCourse Instructions
- Unique five-digit number that is assigned for each class at MSU.
- Go to MyInfo at https://prodmyinfo.montana.edu/pls/bzagent/twbkwbis.P_GenMenu?name=homepage (do not log in), then "Schedule of Classes -- Find CRN".
Pre-Registration happens before regular registration. Instead of using CatCourse, certain classes need to be registered by the School of Art's Advisor Mandi McCarthy-Rogers. This event takes place in the form of an email on specific days and specific times, depending on your class rank.
For more information see the Pre-Registration instructions.
Spring 2023 Pre-Registration for ARTZ, and GDSN courses is October 21,2022.
Seniors email courses starting at 7 am.
Juniors email courses starting a 9 am.
Sophomores email courses starting at 12pm.
Freshmen starting at 2pm.
In order to register in CatCourse, you must have your “Alternate PIN” (often referred to as the “Advisor PIN”), and it changes every semester. As an art major, you will find your PIN in the notes of your DegreeWorks about 2-3 weeks before registration starts for the next semester.
For general registration questions, reach out to the School of Art front desk either in person on the second floor of Haynes Hall, by phone (406) 994-4501, or by email at email@example.com.
For advising questions, make an appointment with Mandi McCarthy-Rogers at https://www.montana.edu/scheduler/login/student/?fac=218